Vets in Training 2021 Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our students and staff is our highest priority. We will be following the current New Jersey State, and CDC (Center of Disease Control), guidelines in order to provide a safe environment for students to experience fun summer learning activities.
Here is a link to the New Jersey State Guidelines that we will be following: Restart & Recovery Plan: The Road Back
Here is a brief overview of Vets in Training specifics:
Small Groups: Class sizes will be limited based on current state guidelines (approx. 10 per class)
Daily Health Screenings: Every day, upon arrival, students and staff will have their temperature taken with a forehead scanner thermometer. Any staff or students with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be asked to go home. They may return after being fever-free for 24 hours, provided they do not have any other COVID-19 symptoms.
Stay Home When Appropriate: Employees and students who have tested positive for COVID-19, are sick, or have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 must stay home. If they are ill, they may return once they have had 3 days with no fever and all symptoms improved and it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared. If they have tested positive for COVID-19, they may return after they have received a negative test result. If they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, they may return after a 14 day quarantine period, if no symptoms have developed.
Face Coverings: Cloth Face Coverings are required for all staff at all times. Students will wear face coverings whenever indoors (except when eating/drinking), and outdoors if they are not six feet or more away from others.
- Teachers will instruct students and reinforce proper hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Students will be monitored to ensure adherence to proper hand washing protocols.
- If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be used.
Cleaning and Disinfection:
- Staff will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (e.g., playground equipment, door handles, sink handles, etc) within the facility twice daily and between use as much as possible.
- Use of shared objects will be limited when possible, and cleaned between use.
Storing Personal Belongings: Each camper’s belongings will be separated from others’ and in individual cubbies.
Social Distancing: Students will implement increased spacing of 6 feet when possible or as close to that as is practicable.
Signs and Messages: Per CDC guidelines, Vets in Training will
- Post signs in highly visible locations (e.g., camp entrances, dining areas, restrooms) that promote everyday protective measures and describe how to stop the spread of germs such as by properly washing hands and properly wearing a cloth face covering
- Make regular announcements on reducing the spread of COVID-19