Vets in Training 2022 Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our students and staff is our highest priority. We will be following the current New Jersey State, and CDC (Center of Disease Control), guidelines in order to provide a safe environment for students to experience fun summer learning activities.
Here is a link to the New Jersey State Guidelines that we will be following: Road Forward: Health & Safety Guidance for the 2021/2022 School Year
Here is a brief overview of Vets in Training specifics:
Stay Home When Appropriate: Employees and students who have tested positive for COVID-19, are sick, or have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 must stay home. If they are ill, they may return once they have had 3 days with no fever and all symptoms improved and it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared. If they have tested positive for COVID-19, they may return after they have received a negative test result. If they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, they may return after a 5 day quarantine period, if no symptoms have developed.
Face Masks: The indoor mask mandate has been lifted so masking is optional.
- During periods of elevated community transmission – when COVID-19 Activity Level Index (CALI) is elevated.
- During an active outbreak – if there is an outbreak or a general increase in cases among students at our facility, we may require short-term universal masking or masking during affected classes in order to control the outbreak/increase in cases.
- When illness occurs at our location – students or staff who become ill with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 while at our facility will be required to wear a mask until they leave the premises.
- Teachers will instruct students and reinforce proper hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Students will be monitored to ensure adherence to proper hand washing protocols.
- If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be used.
Cleaning and Disinfection:
- Staff will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (e.g., playground equipment, door handles, sink handles, etc) within the facility twice daily and between use as much as possible.
- Use of shared objects will be limited when possible, and cleaned between use.
Storing Personal Belongings: Each student’s belongings will be separated from others’ and in individual cubbies.
Signs and Messages: Per CDC guidelines, Vets in Training will
- Post signs in highly visible locations (e.g., camp entrances, dining areas, restrooms) that promote everyday protective measures and describe how to stop the spread of germs such as by properly washing hands and properly wearing a cloth face covering
- Make regular announcements on reducing the spread of COVID-19