The BooTiki Fund Grant Application
The following is the BooTiki Application for grant approval.
Please email us at BooTikiFund@comcast.net with any questions or if this is an emergency case.
Thank you for your interest in the BooTiki Fund
Basic criteria your pet must meet:
- Applicant must have applied for and been denied Care Credit and Wells Fargo Health Advantage Credit Card. Please see information below for details.
- Have had an exam by a vet in the past month.
- Be in good standing with your current veterinarian.
- Be current on all vaccinations.
- Be owned by the applicant (we do not fund foster pets or pets that have not been released by pet rescues).
- Have a diagnosis and plan for treatment from your vet.
- Have a reasonable chance for full recovery stated by the vet making the diagnosis.
- Have a covered diagnosis (For example, we do not fund cancer related treatment or routine care like dental cleanings and vaccines).
- Have an estimate for care from the vet.
- Live within our service area.
Missing information may lead to your application being denied without further process. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
Receipt of a completed application does not guarantee grant approval. Final approval is determined by votes cast from approved BooTiki Fund board members.
We require the following financial information to evaluate the application:
- Applicant must have applied for and been denied Care Credit and Wells Fargo Health Advantage Credit Card to receive grant funding. Please see information below for details about these financing programs.
- A Copy of income for all members of the household. Examples include pay stubs, Social Security or Disability payments, pensions, annuities, IRA or 401k payments. Include whatever income you include in your federal income taxes. (We do not want your actual income tax documents.)
- If anyone in the household is over age 59.5, we require disclosure of IRA, Roth IRAs or 401K balances.
Care Credit and Wells Fargo Health Advantage Credit Card:
- The denial letter or email from any pet specific credit card system like Care Credit or Wells Fargo’s specialty credit card.
Veterinary Information about your pet we will need to evaluate the application:
- A written plan from the vet that will treat the illness and the cost estimate for the treatment (attach to application)
PLEASE NOTE: Missing information will result in a delay or rejection of the application. We try to process applications within 5 business days. Should this be an emergency case please inform the director at submission and we will do our best to process the application within 24 hours.
Email for questions and application submission: BooTikiFund@comcast.net
BooTiki Grant Funding Application