PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR
Who we are:
HousePaws Mobile Veterinary Service is a fusion of high-quality mobile veterinary care with access to traditional clinical care in our hospital locations. Our staff are enthusiastic about bringing a wonderful, full-service experience to their patients in the comforts of their own home.
HousePaws is a mobile veterinary practice serving clients and patients in South New Jersey and parts of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area with three hospital locations in Mt. Laurel and Atco, NJ, and Morrisville, PA. Our hospitals are state of the art outpatient care facilities where we do surgery, dentistry, and a number other procedures.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for fun, hardworking individuals who are passionate team players, and enjoy the dynamic challenges of a mobile veterinary practice. Our staff value client education, community engagement, continuing education opportunities, and of course, the human/animal bond.
What we offer: stability and flexibility
HousePaws offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, paid continuing education, IRA retirement package and veterinary care allowance.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Answer incoming telephone calls utilizing proper telephone etiquette. Provide knowledgeable sub-professional advice concerning the care and treatment of animals including questions regarding hospital services, fees, animal care and treatment in accordance with hospital policies. Appropriately direct other questions and communication to veterinarians, practice manager, or other staff members.
- Follow established hospital policies and procedures in referring clients for immediate treatment of their animals when requests are accompanied by complaints of acute symptoms.
- Schedule and route appointments in the most time efficient manner for mobile teams.
- Manage and complete office task bar and veterinary receptionist daily task list.
- Check practice email and respond to all client emails where applicable. Consult veterinarians for all emails needing medical advice.
- Input all client communications into VIA.
- Follow hospital protocols for the following tasks: surgery emails, recalls, sympathy cards, preparation of medicine deliveries and pick-ups, scanning medical records into practice software. Prepare other hospital correspondence as needed.
- Accept payments over phone and in person. Accurately process cash, checks and credit card payments.
- Open mail, process payments, and distribute mail to appropriate staff member.
- Assist training of new office staff members where appropriate.
- Assist veterinarians with miscellaneous tasks and projects.
- Keep office area neat, clean and organized. Take out the trash and vacuum when needed.
- Greet and welcome all clients.
- Maintain a warm, yet professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to marketing and administrative duties.
Controls Over Work
The Patient Care Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the hospital Office Manager who will indicate general assignments, limitations and priorities. Recurring assignments are performed independently. Deviations or unfamiliar situations are referred to the practice manager or practice owner. Completed work is reviewed for technical accuracy and compliance with established procedures.