Are you a veterinarian looking for a change?
Are you looking to focus on your patients?
- have a great relationship with your clients?
- work hard and have fun?
- grow professionally and personally?
If so, read on!
Associate veterinarians needed for a high volume, full service veterinary practice.
“HousePaws is a practice that focuses on the connection between veterinarians and their patients and clients. The personal touch aligns with my professional ambitions to be a trusted and valued part of a pet owner’s family.”
~ Dr Dana, Pennsylvania & NJ Practices
Who we are:
HousePaws Mobile Veterinary Service is a fusion of high-quality mobile veterinary care with access to traditional clinical care in our hospital locations. Our vets are enthusiastic about bringing a wonderful, full-service experience to their patients in the comforts of their own home.
HousePaws is a mobile veterinary practice serving clients and patients in South New Jersey and parts of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area with three hospital locations in Mt. Laurel and Atco, NJ, and Morrisville, PA. Our hospitals are state of the art outpatient care facilities where we do surgery, dentistry, and a number other procedures.
HousePaws veterinarians are highly skilled and enjoy a high volume of diverse cases. Our case load includes individualized preventative health care, sick and emergency care, as well as surgical/dental care for vets with interest and skills in hospital procedures.
We are currently hiring for all positions, including general practitioners, internists, exotic animal veterinarians and rehabilitative care veterinarians.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for fun, hardworking individuals who are passionate team players, and enjoy the dynamic challenges of a mobile veterinary practice. Our doctors value client education, community engagement, continuing education opportunities, and of course, the human/animal bond.
Grow with us—as a veterinarian and a person!
What we offer: stability and flexibility
HousePaws offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, paid continuing education, IRA retirement package and veterinary care allowance. HousePaws is supportive of flexible work schedules to support a happy work/life balance of our doctors—we’ll work with you in creating the perfect schedule for your lifestyle.
Associate Veterinarian Responsibilities:
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Works with Practice Owner to set practice medical protocols and procedures; performs all duties in accordance with them.
- Performs physical examinations using preliminary data provided by the veterinary technicians; diagnoses physical condition and presents diagnostic and treatment alternatives to the client.
- Performs medical, surgical and dental procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy.
- Interprets laboratory procedure and determines the appropriate protocol based on the results. Reads radiographs and prescribes medications.
- Promptly and accurately updates patient records.
- Plans and carries out personal medical continuing education.
- Takes time to effectively communicate with clients; being sensitive to their emotional state and financial status.
- Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients.
- Helps to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
- Supervises veterinary technicians; works with them to assess their current skill set.
- Assists in training new medical support staff.
- Is accessible by staff while still maintaining doctor/staff professional relationship.
- Works toward and attains practice productivity standards.
- Periodically reviews key performance indicators and plans for changes as directed.
- Active in professional organizations.
- Works with management to plan for hospital, vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Assists in the marketing effort by participating in community events and educational presentations.
- Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains core values and mission statement.
- Attends and actively participates in monthly all staff and doctor meetings.
- Recognizes that teamwork is essential for a quality practice; ability to work as a team as well as a doctor.
- Shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a whole.
- Willing to work extra hours or emergencies if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- DVM license.
- Work requires lifting and carrying animals and lifting and carrying equipment for mobile appointments. Walks or stands for extended periods of time.
- Working Conditions – May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Mobile Vet FAQs
How do I consult with other vets if I'm by myself on the road?
All of our vets have a great relationship and support each other. We are available by phone or email to help with cases. HousePaws medical team is collaborative to provide the best medical care for our patients and professional development for our staff.
When do I make callbacks and do notes?
The technicians drive the transits to allow our vets times to get notes and calls done in between appointments, which reduces the amount of time needed for callbacks after appointments. We also use a cloud system that can be logged onto at home.
How do we dispense medications while on the road?
We carry a selection of medications on the trucks and can also write prescriptions or call into a compounding pharmacy.
Do you feel you are limited on your ability to perform the appropriate diagnostics?
We have a quality mobile x-ray and ultrasound to utilize on the road. We can also draw blood which we can send out (turn around time is 24 hours) or run on an in-house machine. For microscope diagnostics, we usually take slides back to the hospital to review at the end of our shifts. Additionally, each truck has a blood pressure machine and glucometer.
Please email us your cover letter and resume: